Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Words of Advent: Silent

Day fifteen of a daily meditation, a practice of free writing on words of Advent this season...

I set out to write my own reflection each day, but I've come to this word, silent.  It's late tonight, exhaustion seeped in hours ago, and more strongly than I wish to hold fast to my goal, I don't want to write just for the sake of writing.  Not here.  I don't want to clog the page with my tired thoughts.  You deserve more than that.

And it's perfect, really.  Because a friend of mine, Ashley, who is not afraid of going to the depths and allowing herself to sit with the questions, posted today on silence.  I would much rather share her reflection tonight, as her words never cease to render me quiet and thoughtful, in awe of God and his artistry in her.

So, please.  Read here, tonight, on silent, dear friends. 

1 comment:

  1. Bless you, sweetheart. Hope you found some good rest last night. I love and appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete