Thursday, December 20, 2012

Words of Advent: Love

Day seventeen of a daily meditation, a practice of free writing on words of Advent this season...

Love.  I know, better than almost anyone, how unqualified I am to write a post on love.  So many things have been written on love and so many angles could be taken in writing on love, and friends, I just don't have much to add to this whole vast, limitless expanse that love is.  

So I'm going to just share this (and if you can't tell by now, I'm reading a book by Madeleine L' Engle, and I am profoundly grateful for her writing).  

"...Perhaps for our day the best translation of 'love' 
is the name of Jesus, 
and that will tell us everything about love we need to know."

What could I possibly add to that?


2 comments:

  1. I am crazy about her and you and Jesus. Jesus = Love. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me smile, girl. In that deep, down heart place.

      Delete