Time for a little Friday reflecting on the beautiful gifts of this week. I even have a few pictures to go along. And to kick it all off, I'm thankful I FINALLY figured out why the Linky Tool hasn't worked, at the bottom of the post, for anyone to link their own blog posts to. It's this simple: I just needed to change my blog template. Apparently I'd chosen one of the few template options that isn't compatible with Linky Tools, among many other things. Phew. So, here we go. I find it's much easier to write this list when I've been jotting it down all week long...
1) Working out kinks in my blog design - yipeeeeee!!!
2) New running shoes, and rocking BOTH at once.
3) Name change and new photo on driver's license (Praise God, no more picture of me with dark brown hair. It was a phase.)
4) A week of "firsts": First time walking all around without the aid of any devices in three and a half months. First trip to the gym with my now husband. First time going on a walk together since the wedding. First time taking out trash and recycling since my injury (and strangely, really stoked about that little feat). First time washing and vacuuming the car in... well, suffice it to say, it's been awhile. First early morning swim in the lake since we moved here.
5) Coupons for haircuts and, much to my surprise and delight, an outcome I like.
6) Lunch with my family on a rough anniversary.
7) Goat and umbrella decals, custom-made with love.
8) Ricardo's ongoing Albertson's treasure hunt.
9) Parking on a towel at the beach in Kirkland, watching a kite surfer with glee.
10) A bag of "new" clothes, hip hand-me-downs fitting perfect.
11) Watermelon water, homemade, snuck into the movie theater.
12) Lovely salmon on their journey through the Locks.
13) Neon bandaid decorations on a stinkin' cute kid (read: my niece).
14) Swimming twice in one summer day, just because I can.
15) August 27th: My back-to-work date.
16) That one blackberry I could reach, plump off the bush.
17) Practice walking without a limp (not limp-free yet, but working on it!).
Anyone care to join in? I'm not kidding, I'd be so thrilled to read your lists, too. Don't be shy. If you have a blog and want to give it a shot, just post the list on your blog, then link up here, at the bottom of this post. If you don't have a blog, no worries. You can leave a list in the comment section...