Friday, August 31, 2012

A singing heart

It's been a month of Re-Gifting fridays, and to be honest, I'm not sure it will reach beyond that.  In my heart, it will, and on paper, but perhaps not in such a structured way on my blog.  As a writer, and particularly a blogger, it's more often a lonely business, like I'm tossing words out to an empty room.  I think many of us in this position can feel this way.  But this morning, I caught these words on my screen - a daily Jesuit devotional sent to my inbox:

What makes my heart sing?


It's this.  The beautiful rubbish of daily life.  The moments when eyes focus beyond the rubbish to see the heart of God in the muck or mundaneness of it all.  In these moments, nothing is truly mundane, nothing beyond redemption, nothing that can't catch the fire of beauty. And there, my heart sings gratitude.

Happy friday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment