Thursday, September 29, 2011

In honor of Fez

This is my third blog about my good friend's dog, Fez.  I just have to write one more in honor of his memory.  This week, I found out Fez was taken from my friend's home by a coyote.  I heard the news and immediately felt shock and sorrow.  Perhaps there isn't much else I can write that I haven't already said about Fez.  He truly was a one-of-a-kind chihuahua.  In the times I've been to my friend's house, he never ceased to make me smile and sometimes laugh harder than I had in a long time.  He just had that effect on me.  Fez had a flair for comedy, and the funniest thing was, he was like a cantankerous, quirky old man who wasn't trying to be funny; he just was.  



Fez possessed a wide variety of barks.  I'm sure I only experienced a handful of them, but I'm well acquainted with the "Get away from me, don't even think of touching me" bark, the "I don't need your help getting up on this sofa" bark and the "Don't forget about me here under the dining room table" bark.  My absolute favorites were his "I love you" bark and his singing.  Let me tell you, this dog could sing.  I'm told he had his favorite songs to sing along with, that when he'd hear them, he couldn't contain himself.  I will always cherish the memory of sitting around the dining room table with my friend, some of her family, and Ricardo's family, listening to Fez sing along with a song.  I'll always remember the open-jaw, stunned faces of Ricardo's parents, his dad whipping out the video camera to record this moment.  I'm fairly certain they hadn't seen a dog like this in Mexico.


My friend's son posted this video of Fez on YouTube.  This special dog will be sorely missed.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJah0tKqCRw&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment