Thursday, April 7, 2011

Contemplations

I'm contemplating the words to this song I've been singing a lot the past several days. I might as well turn these contemplations into prayers.

Water You turned into wine, opened the eyes of the blind...

God, open my blind eyes today. Help me to see people the way You see them, and not to be blinded by my own prejudices, judgments, emotions, or desires. Use what I give today as a refreshing drink of water to the ones who are thirsty - water that You can turn into wine.

There's no one like You, none like You...

You stand alone, God, in a world of counterfeits and cheap imitations. Help me not to settle for cheap versions of You. Nothing can compare to the greatness of knowing You.

Into the darkness You shine, out of the ashes we rise...

Sometimes, I get sucked into the darkness, God. I can lose sight of Your light that shines through, cutting the darkness and illuminating with hope and life. Thank you for your unwavering, unfading, impenetrable light. Thank You for raising us to life out of the ashes of death.

Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God You are higher than any other...

I am reminded, God, that though my life is but a scratch on the timeline of eternity, You are greater than that scratch in time. Though I am weak, prone to wander away, prone to selfishness, prone to pride, You are stronger. You are high above my successes and high above my daily failings. Lift my gaze beyond my shortcomings, to see how great, how strong, how high above You are - and how, even being those things, You are not too great or strong or high above to come near and gather me into Your arms.

Our God is healer, awesome in power, our God, our God.

I know people today who need to experience You as healer, God. They need to see You awesome in power in their lives. You know them each by name, You know their need. Show them, God, who You are. For all of us who are in desperate need of Your healing in the broken areas of our lives, show us who You are. Let us experience the touch of the Healer, awesome in power.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment